Machines Like Us is a web-resource for those interested in evolutionary thought, cognitive science, synthetic life and artificial intelligence.
Agileware was contracted to upgrade the Machines Like Us website from Drupal 5 to Drupal 7. Implement a new design and features. And most importantly, ensure that the 12,000+ existing pages on the website were correctly migrated. With an average 10 to 20 news stories added daily, the race was on!
Agileware delivered for a fixed price:
- Custom Drupal theme which was 100% true to the Photoshop design and specification
- Drupal architectural design and planning
- Data migration planning, testing and execution
- Identification of issues in Drupal 7 core and community modules, contribution back to Drupal community of patches
- Custom Drupal module development
- Extensive user review and testing
- Drupal technical training for webmasters
- Performance enhancements to ensure website scalability
- On-going website support
Machines Like Us continues to be the definitive web-resource for science news, now running the latest Drupal software.