The objective of the Land Portal is to promote effective and sustainable land governance at sub-national and global levels that will eventually become the reference point on land on the Internet. It achieves this goal by aggregating and sharing land-governance related information from a variety of sources into a single, user-friendly and dynamic website.
Agileware was contracted by Vision Time to deliver the Land Portal for a fixed price to key stakeholders based in Europe.
Agileware provided the following services:
- Extensive consultations with stakeholders in Europe
- Creation of a series of website mockups based on requirements and consultations
- Creation of a unique website design incorporating logo, colours and imagery
- Drupal architectural design and planning
- Provided multi language support including: English, French and Spanish
- Web services integration using the World Bank API
- Third party website data aggregation
- Google Maps API integration
- Organic Group integration and customisation
- Apache Solr integration with realtime search results, faceted search and expanded file format indexing
- Social media integration with Twitter, Facebook
- Integrated newsletter services using Mailchimp
- Extensive user review and testing
- Unique features to promote community interaction and adoption such as internal messaging, user follows, blogs, profiles and social toolbar
- Drupal training for key stakeholders
- Drupal technical training for webmasters
- Performance enhancements to ensure website scalability
- Drupal website hosting management services
- On-going website support including Drupal software maintenance
The Land Portal exceeded requirements and expectations. Delivering a scalable and adaptable community driven website.