The first DrupalACT meeting was held at 6pm, 6th of March 2012 at AMA House in Barton. http://g.co/maps/x25fu
Attendance was about 12 to 16 people, with Anton Baggerman coming all the way from Bundanoon. Anton also regularly goes to the Sydney Drupal meetings. There was good general representation from the Canberra Drupal community, which was great!
Chris Skene kicked off the evening, welcomed everyone, provided an overview of the DrupalACT user group and issued a call for presentations / proposals for future meetings.
Two presentations were delivered:
- Multi-lingual website: A case study of translating Drupal into different languages by Adam Malone
- Drupal 8 Preview by Chris Skene
Highlights for the presentations for me personally:
- Multi-lingual website: understatement of effort required to verify text translations are being applied
- Drupal 8 preview: the comment that Drupal 8 is now including the “Request Object” architecture which was available in Drupal 3, subsequently dropped in Drupal 4.x and is now being developed again for Drupal 8. And secondly, that Drupal 8 will include core parts of the Symfony project, http://www.symfony-project.org
After the presentations, Chris announced the new DrupalACT logo developed by zhangtaihao. Great job on the new logo!
There was general chit-chat after the presentations and as Anton suggested we will set aside more time for this at future meetings.
I would like to thank Australian Medical Association (AMA) and specifically Michael Manning and Josh for making the conference facilities available to the group.
If you would like to follow DrupalACT and come along to future meetings then I recommend you:
- Keep an eye out for DrupalACT posts on groups.drupal.org
- Circle the DrupalACT user on GooglePlus
- Or join the DrupalACT user group on Facebook
The next DrupalACT meeting will be held at 6pm, 3rd of April 2012 at AMA House in Barton. http://g.co/maps/x25fu
Look forward to seeing you at the next DrupalACT meeting!